English | Español | العربية | 中文 | Kreyòl Ayisyen | 한국어 | русский

How to Apply for Child Care - ACCESS NYC Screening Tool for New York City Human Service Programs - Benefit Information. One Place.


How Do I Apply?

How Do I Apply?
Return to Home pagePrevious
The following is information about how to apply for a particular program and the things you should bring with you.

Applying for Child Care

Here are the things you need to do:
1. You must complete the Child Care Application. You can view and print this form from ACCESS NYC.
2. To apply, you will need materials such as proof of identity, residency, household composition, income, and verification of the reason why you need child care. In ACCESS NYC, you can search for the full list of required documents. The ACS Child Care Application Instructions also provide information about which documentation to bring. You can view and print this information from ACCESS NYC.
3. Families receiving services from ACS (including foster parents of children placed by ACS living either in or outside of NYC) should not use the application provided. These families must call 311 to apply for child care.
4. Additional information about types of child care provided by the City of New York is included in the application instructions. For contact information for ACS-funded child care programs in your area, call 311.
If you are receiving Cash Assistance (cash grant) and you are working or participating in a work activity or training you may be eligible for HRA's Child Care benefits.
If you are eligible for Cash Assistance and you are working you may be able to receive HRA's Child Care assistance without going onto Cash Assistance.
If you are a former Cash Assistance Recipient, and you were on Cash Assistance within the prior 12 months, and you were working when your case closed, you may be eligible for Transitional Child Care Benefits.
Here are the things you need to do:
1. To apply for HRA's Child Care benefits you must submit the appropriate application to a Job Center.
2. To get an application you should visit a Job Center and bring the required documentation. In ACCESS NYC, you can search for the Job Center that serves your zip code.
3. If you are applying for Transitional Child Care please call Work Related Benefits at 212-835-7681.

Important Links

View information about the Child Care program at:
ACCESS NYC provides information regarding the documents you may need to apply for the program and office locations. You can also view and print the partially filled forms for some of the programs.
Return to Home pagePrevious