English | Español | العربية | 中文 | Kreyòl Ayisyen | 한국어 | русский

How to Apply for Cash Assistance - ACCESS NYC Screening Tool for New York City Human Service Programs - Benefit Information. One Place.


How Do I Apply?

How Do I Apply?
Return to Home pagePrevious
The following is information about how to apply for a particular program and the things you should bring with you.

Applying for Cash Assistance

Here are the things you need to do:
1. When you apply for Cash Assistance, you can also apply for SNAP, Medical Assistance and the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) at the same location.
To apply for Cash Assistance you must submit the appropriate application to a Job Center. After the application is submitted, you will need to have a face-to-face interview with a Job Center worker. If you are unable to come to a Job Center to apply because you are homebound, arrangements may be made to conduct the application interview in your home.
2. If you are homeless or have an emergency such as a pending eviction or utility turn-off notice, you may apply at any Job Center. Other individuals should apply at a designated Job Center. In ACCESS NYC, you can search for the Job Center that serves your zip code.
3. When you apply for Cash Assistance, you will be asked to provide proof of certain things. A Job Center worker will tell you which of these things you must prove. If you bring proof of your identity, where you currently live, household composition, income and resources with you when you submit your application, you may be able to get help sooner. In ACCESS NYC, you can search for the full list of required documents. If you cannot get the proof you need, a worker will help you get that proof, if possible.

Important Links

View information about the Cash Assistance program at:
ACCESS NYC provides information regarding the documents you may need to apply for the program and office locations. You can also view and print the partially filled forms for some of the programs.
Return to Home pagePrevious