English | Español | العربية | 中文 | Kreyòl Ayisyen | 한국어 | русский

How to Apply for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) - ACCESS NYC Screening Tool for New York City Human Service Programs - Benefit Information. One Place.


How Do I Apply?

How Do I Apply?
Return to Home pagePrevious
The following is information about how to apply for a particular program and the things you should bring with you.

Applying for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

Here are the things you need to do:
1. Before applying for WIC, you and your health care provider must complete a Medical Referral Form together. You can view and print this form from ACCESS NYC. Health care providers include physicians, nurses and physician’s assistants. The form can also be completed by nutritionists and dieticians.
2. You need to visit a WIC office with a completed Medical Referral Form. You should apply at the office where you want to receive services. To get information about WIC office locations, call the Growing Up Healthy Hotline at 1-800-522-5006 or through TTY access at 1-800-655-1789.
3. You will need to bring documents such as proof of identity, residency and income. In ACCESS NYC, you can search for the full list of required documents.
4. You can get WIC even if you are receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).

Important Links

View information about the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program at:
The New York State Growing Up Healthy hotline provides information about health care, nutrition and other health and human services. The hotline provides information and referral services 24 hours a day, seven days a week in the language of your choice.
View more information about the Growing Up Healthy Hotline at:
ACCESS NYC provides information regarding the documents you may need to apply for the program and office locations. You can also view and print the partially filled forms for some of the programs.
Return to Home pagePrevious